Acceptance of applications for entry in the postgraduate programme of specialization “Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development” is subject to the current national legislation. Due to the high demand for the specific specialization priority is given to Civil Engineering graduates and next to graduates from other engineering, natural sciences and related-subject disciplines.
Applicants are normally expected to have a good honours degree from a Greek university or an equivalent standard from a foreign university. As the programme is taught only in Greek, mainly Greek nationals are eligible for entry in it. For those whose first language is not Greek a certified fluent command of the Greek language is a prerequisite.
The maximum number of students enrolled each year is 30. The selection of the postgraduate students is made after taking into consideration the criteria laid down by the law and the relevant decisions of the Civil Engineering Department of A.U.Th..
More analytically, the criteria taken into consideration in the current period are the following:
- The relevance of the cognitive subject of the applicant′s undergraduate studies with the scientific field of the programme
- The grade of the diploma or degree
- The grades of the undergraduate thesis and of specific undergraduate courses related to the programme
- The level of knowledge of at least one foreign language
- The candidate′s CV
- The letters of recommendation
- The candidate′s overall performance in the interview
Graph data of applications to and graduates from the programme
Submission of applications for admission to the Postgraduate Programme
New posts for postgraduate students are announced each year approximately in April.
Information and relevant printed material are provided by the Secretariat of the Civil Engineering Department.